Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two Lost Months

Ah, finally got back to Blogger. This is a copy from my other blog.


Blogger for 4 Feb 2010
Bicycling Blog


December and January were two lost months, mostly, in terms of cycling. It's was the family obligation that kept me off the road. My Mother got sick in December and had to be hospitalized for 3 days. I then had to learn lymphadema therapy in order to do physical therapy for her on a daily basis. That puts a crimp in my riding schedule, but family does come first.

Yup, I cycle all through the winter. But, not this year. Oh, sure, I got days in on the trainer, but that's not really anything like real time on the road with hills, wind, and other weather conditions. Oh, sure, the trainer will keep your cardiovascular system in good shape, and help you maintain your ability to spin at 90 RPMs on a steady basis. But, it can't give you the challenge that real road conditions do. -- I never even got the spiked, winter tires put on my winter bike this year!

But, things are looking up. It's February, and My Mother is back in good condition and I can get out the door and ride!

I'll now be training for the League of Michigan Bicyclists season opener.

Geez, it's so good to be back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment